Web Sites for Home Educators
Specific Methods and Curriculum Information
- Unit Studies: Your passport to learning adventures!
- Classical Education: A guide to classical education at home.
General Resources and Encouragement
- All About Homeschool Curriculum: A great place to begin to research home education.
- Your passport to learning adventures!: Written by moms for parents who homeschool, with practical ideas and advice.
- A to Z Home’s Cool Homeschooling: Homeschooling information and curriculum. A community Web site that will help you homeschool your kids from preschool through high school.
- Homeschool Diner: Well-organized site that includes the “Click-O-Matic” Guide to Choosing a Homeschool Approach.
- Home School Legal Defense Association: A nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend the constitutional rights of parents to direct their children’s education.
- Homeschooling Special Needs Children: Suggestions, resources, and encouragement for those who homeschool special needs children.
- Illinois Learning Standards: Illinois State Board of Education standards defines what students in all Illinois public schools should know and be able to do in the seven core areas as a result of their elementary and secondary schooling.
- Homeschool Central: This is the place to find support groups, resources, and all the information you need to homeschool in Illinois.
Current and back issues of these magazines can be found in the Children’s Department.
Fun for Kids
- Free Rice: For each answer your child gets right, 10 grains of rice are donated through the World Food Programme to help end hunger.